Why Promote on Reading Middle Grade?
Table of Contents
Each month, the blog gets at least 150,000 unique monthly visitors and over 120,000 overall views, 90% of which are US-based readers. Teachers and librarians regularly return to this blog for trusted book lists and reviews.
Please note that as much as I am excited about supporting brands and authors, I will only promote books and products that I like and think would be a good fit for my audience. Thank you for understanding.
Promotion for Authors
Reading Middle Grade offers a variety of promotional content on this blog and in my newsletter, including sponsored posts, cover reveals, and sidebar advertising. If you’re interested in promoting a forthcoming or backlist title, please contact me at [email protected]. Advertising options start at $50 for authors.
Newsletter Ad $50
- My newsletter is the weekly email I send to over 4500 subscribers. It has a 65% engagement rate, which means over 2500 people open it and click on links every week. Many of these readers don’t check my blog daily and are not on social media, so their only exposure to posts is via the newsletter. To get your book across to a new set of readers, start with this!
Sponsored Post $80
- Reading Middle Grade runs a variety of book list posts every week! You can choose to sponsor a themed book list, a readalike list, or even a list of books for specific ages or grades, which I share regularly.
Author Interview/Guest Post $100
- Authors looking to reach out to a new audience can use this service. I generally prepare “Meet the Author” questions for a short interview on the site, which loyal readers can enjoy. The interview will also feature links to the author’s book, as well as social media and website links.
Promotion for Publishers
I’m happy to collaborate with publishers in several ways:
- Running free book giveaways in my newsletter
- Doing cover reveals (like this one) or revealing book trailers (like this one) for a fee
- Sponsoring a book list or other blog content for a fee
If you’re a book publisher and would like to work with Reading Middle Grade in any capacity, please reach out to [email protected].
Working with Brands
Brands I’ve worked with
I’m happy to share my media kit upon request. Please note that my prices for working with brands and organizations differ from those of author promotions.
While I deeply enjoy books, I have to admit that I am partial to certain genres. So, if you’re considering sending me an Advanced Readers Copy of your book, kindly take note of the information below:
Please note: I am currently NOT accepting unsolicited books from indie publishers/self-published authors for review. Reading Middle Grade does not currently offer paid book reviews. I only review books I’ve read and enjoyed. You may submit books for potential review, but I am under no obligation to read or review them.
I am especially interested in contemporary children’s books — picture books, middle grade, YA — by women in general and authors of color. I do not enjoy fantasy titles with magical realism or supernatural elements. As such, I do not accept those titles for review.
Finally, please, always send full information about your book in your email. You may find the format below of assistance:
Name of Author:
Date to be published:
I prefer physical copies wherever possible and I will read physical galleys before electronic ARCs. However, I also accept electronic ARCs where it is impossible to send hard copies. Please note that I live in Nigeria, should you be interested in sending physical galleys.
I look forward to hearing from you!