Summary: Stay Through the Storm
In this cute picture book, two friends prepare for a storm and then keep each other company throughout the ordeal. After initially playing in puddles with their boots and coats on, they go inside to play some games, drink some cocoa, and build forts.
This book is a wonderful ode to good friendships and the role they play in our lives — especially during stormy times. There’s minimal text (about three lines of 4-5 words per page) and full-color illustrations throughout the book. My favorite things about Stay Through the Storm:
- Beautiful illustrations
- A depiction of a storm that is not terrifying
- The warm portrayal of friendship as a comfort that sustains us through scary times
- Simple, but often poetic language — not at all dumbed-down
- Short and sweet — perfect for bedtime on stormy nights.
Overall: Stay Through the Storm
Stay Through the Storm is a heartwarming picture book that highlights the power of friendships to keep us safe through life’s storms. With minimal text and cute illustrations, this one’s a keeper! I would recommend this picture book to parents looking for a short bedtime story. It would also be lovely for those on the hunt for books about storms or about friendships in general.
[bctt tweet=”Stay Through the Storm is a heartwarming picture book that highlights the power of friendships to keep us safe through life’s storms. ” username=”afomaumesi”]
Disclaimer: I received an e-ARC of Stay Through the Storm from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Buy This Book
More Book Reviews
- A Kind of Paradise by Amy Rebecca Tan
- Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams
- Wonderland by Barbara O’Connor
What are your favorite picture books about friendship? I’d love to know!