Summary: Antonino’s Impossible Dream
Antonino is a young painter who creates dazzling images of his dreams. One dream though, has Antonino stumped. He tries and fails until he has a sudden revelation of what’s missing.
Antonino’s Impossible Dream is a unique take on the importance of friendship and all the ways friends enhance our lives. It’s message is clear: No man is an island; we all need someone to make life just a little better. I also liked a few other things:
- The inclusion of a visually impaired character
- Quirky illustrations by Sophia Touliatou
- Minimal text which simultaneously allow the pictures to shine and compliment them
- The emphasis on overcoming differences and finding new friendships
Overall: Antonino’s Impossible Dream
Antonino’s Impossible Dream is a thoughtful take on recognizing the need for and making new friends. Bonus points for the inclusion of a visually-impaired character, highlighting creativity, and the emphasis on finding common ground. This whimsical picture book would make an excellent story time pick as it provides much room for discussion.Antonino's Impossible Dream is a thoughtful take on making new friends. Bonus points for the inclusion of a visually-impaired character and highlighting creativity. @beamingbooks Click To Tweet
Disclaimer: I received an electronic copy of Antonino’s Impossible Dream from Beaming Books in exchange for an honest review.
Buy This Book
More Book Reviews
- Stay Through the Storm by Joanna Rowland
- Wonderland by Barbara O’Connor
- Annie’s Life in Lists by Kristin Mahoney
What are your favorite picture books about friendship? I’d love to know!