Summary: Antonino’s Impossible Dream
Antonino is a young painter who creates dazzling images of his dreams. One dream though, has Antonino stumped. He tries and fails until he has a sudden revelation of what’s missing.
Antonino’s Impossible Dream is a unique take on the importance of friendship and all the ways friends enhance our lives. It’s message is clear: No man is an island; we all need someone to make life just a little better. I also liked a few other things:
- The inclusion of a visually impaired character
- Quirky illustrations by Sophia Touliatou
- Minimal text which simultaneously allow the pictures to shine and compliment them
- The emphasis on overcoming differences and finding new friendships
Overall: Antonino’s Impossible Dream
Antonino’s Impossible Dream is a thoughtful take on recognizing the need for and making new friends. Bonus points for the inclusion of a visually-impaired character, highlighting creativity, and the emphasis on finding common ground. This whimsical picture book would make an excellent story time pick as it provides much room for discussion.
[bctt tweet=”Antonino’s Impossible Dream is a thoughtful take on making new friends. Bonus points for the inclusion of a visually-impaired character and highlighting creativity. @beamingbooks” username=”afomaumesi”]
Disclaimer: I received an electronic copy of Antonino’s Impossible Dream from Beaming Books in exchange for an honest review.
Buy This Book
More Book Reviews
- Stay Through the Storm by Joanna Rowland
- Wonderland by Barbara O’Connor
- Annie’s Life in Lists by Kristin Mahoney
What are your favorite picture books about friendship? I’d love to know!
What do you think? Leave a comment